


We agreed today that skiing wasn't going to be in our plan, yesterday night I was so sore (EVERYWHERE!) and could barely move; and when I woke up in the solider position this morning, my arms were stuck to my sides, I was too sore to open my arms, or raise them, or pick something up, from yesterday. It wasn't easy to go up the stairs, it hurt to sit...what a work out! Today was defiantly a resting, take it easy kind of day...thank God!
So I slept in today, had a good breakfast that would last all day. We looked at some brochures of activities in Van. and we choose to go to Grandville Island for a bit of shopping, and later in the evening go to Stanly Park to go on a small train to drive around the forest and see Christmas decorations with lights and action.
When we arrived at Grandville Island, we went to a market (another one), and saw the regular things you see in a market, some glass works that caught my attention, and the great food. Natasha and my dad were hungry, so they got a bite to eat. They were - or I was because I was the stuff holder since I had nothing of my own to carry - just standing with the food on the tray looking for a place to sit since the place was passed packed! Eventually, we found a seat outside (which was FREEZING!) and they started to eat.
We saw some people feeding the birds: pigeons and seagulls. They took what they could get, either seeds or anything else they could get their hands - I mean claws - on. A bunch of people were feeding them, I saw a little girl with five pigeons on her arms, one on top of the other. Some other people even got souvenirs left on their heads if you know what I mean, the final result of the digestion....
Then all of a sudden, I was distracted talking and a pigeon lands on my head. I froze, with a surprised look on my face, I didn't expect it at all since I wasn't offering them a morsel (new word I learned from my book meaning mini, mini, snack). My dad hurried to pull out the camera and I smiled and got another type in meaning picture souvenir.
Then we passed by a few stores, and then the book store (which I love) and Natasha bought me the book I really wanted: Julia Child's biography! I loved the movie Julie and Julia, and wanted read it so much! Can't wait to start it! I was really happy and said thank you only God knows how much!
Then we met Ben and went to Stanley Park I was shivering the second we stepped out of the car (which too wasn't easy to do since I was all sore from skiing). I took my arms out of the sleeves and kept them in the stomach area of the coat. And it was raining too, to add on to why I was freezing. Rain is my favorite, but not this kind of rain. My dad went to buy the tickets and we hopped on the train after waiting in line for a little while. The Christmas music was playing and the little kids were cheering. The decorations and lights were nice. The Santa's workshop, little lakes, trees, even the Grinch, and the "Whovill" sighn and other Dr. Seuss stuff and all that Christmas spirit. But no amazing, it was okay, pretty good, I think Natasha enjoyed it the most, she got a lot of ideas for decorating the house. But what I didn't understand is why someone put the cut-out of a ghost and some " sharp harvesting tool," a creepy one tool...won't it scare the children? I would be scared, they came to a Christmas show, not to a haunted house.
Anyways, we had a slow, but still active day, fun I'd say!
Wowwwieee !!That sounds like fun!!!!!I wonder how it feels when a pigeon landed on your head. Strange I suppose. But unique!!!!hahaa
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love the pictures! I just saw that movie and loved it too. Wasn't ti cool how she acquired this whole blog following.
ReplyDeleteThanks for taking us on your journey; I am enjoying each and every post!