Friday, January 8, 2010

Travel Day 17: Flying Day N’ Nite (Night)


Natasha dropped us off at the airport, we didn’t was to say good-bye, but had to. We agreed to write each other more often. Then she drove off and we went through the “check in,” “customs,” and all that traveling stuff. Then we had some extra time and we went through the duty free shops. There was this one I forgot what it’s called but it was absolutely amazing! They sold all the most creative creations ever, weird lamps, quotes on glass, bags made of recyclables, picture books (little variety), journals, funky pens, we spent like forty minutes in there just looking at things, and both didn’t was to leave when they said it was time to close (or kick us out…just kidding).

Then we got the plane and I was ready to sleep – which was unusual – but there was this guy who just couldn’t stop talking (again) and every time I turn around to say something to my dad, or just turn around, he says something else, and I turn around to look and listen to him to be respectful. Don’t get the wrong idea he is a very nice, friendly, good man (and talking a lot may not necessarily be a bad thing). But the one who got really annoyed by him was my dad, he was trying to sleep, and then the guy gets up and starts playing and talking loudly to this little boy in the seat behind us. The boy was screaming all night behind my dad in one ear, and the guy was too in the other. In result, all three of them didn’t sleep all night… or a good chunk of it.

Then it was we landed in Dallas, Texas at five in the morning…not so cool. We had to wait about three-and-a-half hours until our next flight to Florida…uhh! I tried to sleep in the seats in the airport but again, I couldn’t fall asleep as much as I tried and tried… too noisy, too much light in my eyes, not comfortable.
Then my dad went to buy us some breakfast: he had a veggie omelet and I had a breakfast taco with scrambled eggs inside, yummy.

Then, finally, they started boarding our flight. The flight to Fort Myers was a lot more comfortable because the seats were practically empty. My dad had one row to himself, and I had another. I slept the whole way there. The only problem was getting up (and the flight attendant who told me I was sitting in the wrong position for takeoff…I was too sleepy to pay attention.

Then I woke up after landing and dragged myself off the plane, then we drove home. I was still sleepy, before I feel asleep my dad asked me home much time I needed to nap, while he does some paperwork. I answered half-an-hour and ended up sleeping for three-and-a-half hours (because I was awaken, my dad says if you sleep at sunset you might get a head ache). Opps… but at least I was well rested after that (and wanted to sleep some more). Unfortunately, then it took some time to fall asleep after that at night. What a day….

No comments:

Post a Comment