Friday, January 8, 2010

Travel Day 16: Day In Musems


We woke up in the hotel in Seattle. I slept in the most. My dad got up early to drive Natasha to work, to bring the car back so we could go out. Today we wanted to go to Seattle’s Art Museum. It was a lot easier to get to than the police museum. And it was free too! Unbelievable, I know. It wasn’t a big one though, just about three rooms, but it had some incredible art though. After that art I really understood the phrase “a picture is worth a thousand words.” I was so inspired I got many ideas of what would look good on a canvas in my opinion. Those artists are so talented and creative! The whole day I looked at everything in a different light, I looked at something and pictured it on a canvas. Can you be so inspired by paintings? I guess you can.
Then my dad offered to go to the police museum; he wanted to put all that time spent on searching, into good use. He said he would find it for sure this time, and he did.
The old woman who worked there was very friendly and talkative. She explained everything to us since we were the only one’s there. I learned a new word too, it’s circa. It means it’s around a certain period of time.
We saw the first handcuffs ever, and how one model led to another, how it they got more and more modern by time. We saw lots of old guns, letters, headlines in newspapers, badges representing all the states of America. We saw a bunch of police uniforms, walky talkies, with the Motorola “brand,” which was the first I’m guessing, after what I’ve seen. We saw the old and modern sticks the police beat people with, jail cells, pictures of police men, the first police station that caught fire and was rebuilt, and lots of history. We saw how they trained police dogs, and “the revolution of finger prints,” I think there was about twelve, I found mine. Then some mug shots of people, then tapes saying “do not cross,” and even a dress up area where you take you picture as a cop (no I didn’t take mine). And so much more.
Then we stopped by The House of Hong again and got some take-out to bring back to the hotel for Natasha to eat.
Then we spent a couple hours in the hotel with her until it was time for her to us to the airport, to catch our flight to Florida at 11:45 p.m. (more on that on the next Travel Journal post).

No comments:

Post a Comment