Saturday, January 9, 2010

Travel Day 20: Just Getting Started



Today we woke up in New York City, Smelled New York Citizen air, and walked through Manhattan men avenues. We woke up early (I consider early what others consider two hours before lunchtime), had a quick breakfast, and were out the door as soon as we could be to catch the Brooklyn Subway to go to Manhattan (everyone knows that it’s impossible to get there by car,).

The subway was fun, I honestly like it, it's quiet too, if you need some rest (most of the time). However, if you're lucky (as we were) you get to see come reality, live, drama, action. I mean people arguing. It was actually funny to watch. This lady was screaming at an old woman, because she was talking on the phone, and then the insults started and even a little pushing...I was actually worried at first. Then this guy - after a few minutes of their loud discussion - came to break it up.

Then we arrived in Manhattan. It was a beautiful sight we took many pictures. We walked all around Broadway and 42nd Street, Times Square, and a lot more. My feet hurt at the end of the day, and I said with a serious look on my face "Dad, I can't go on anymore," it was somewhat funny.

We lot of shopping for gifts...not a lot (just getting started). We went to Macy's; I loved it there (just looking). Most of the gifts I got were perfumes, we found a store with twenty, sometimes thirty dollars off on all perfumes (and we even got a special ten percent discount too). We passed by souvenir stores too. But we’re just get getting started, I can’t wait to see what lies ahead of us.

1 comment:

  1. OOOOOOOH!!! Sounds egg-citing!!! I like how you put thought to your blog while you told the story.

    ReplyDelete