Monday, January 11, 2010

Travel Day 21: Mamma Mia!






Today was another day in Manhattan, shopping of course (again, but that’s what NY is mostly about), looking at new things I haven’t seen before. Later on, in the evening, we made plans to go see Lion King, on Broadway, which sounded like it had to be spectacular because there were advertisements for everywhere, and lots of sold out tickets. The night before we went online to buy tickets, but it said that the date we were buying on was too close to the performance date, and so you could only buy tickets at the theater booth; which was what we were planning on doing today.
When we arrived at the booth, there was little variety of tickets left, and only the pricy ones. Instead, we agreed to see Mamma Mia! “The show you’ll never forget,” said the quote on the poster.

After a long and fun day, we were making our way to the show. My feet were aching from my boots that we tight and I was more than excited to sit down most of all (but the show was just as important). It was so beautiful when we approached the theater, the lights glowing, and the commercials everywhere, like as seen on TV (close to where the New Year countdown was that I saw in Vancouver on CNN). Wow! And lucky us it wasn’t so crowded.

We quickly found the entrance, and hopped in. The theater was very beautiful, you could see how much effort and hard work the architects put into building and designing. When we found our seats, and I sat down, my dad went upstairs to the other seats, to see the view from up top. When he came back he said should see it. Even though I was tired, I didn’t want to seem lazy. I made my way up, slowly and barely. When I got up there I looked all around, at the decoration, the angels on the walls, the shape of the ceiling, all very well done, I liked it.

Then the show began. I have to say I thought it was going to be exactly like the movie, which I saw and didn’t LOVE so much. It wasn’t, obviously they cut some things out to make it shorter, and some things couldn’t have been seen the same on stage as screen, but I think it was pretty different. I liked in the theater more. But Mary Poppin’s that I saw last time in New York was the best out of the three I’ve seen which were Mary Poppin’s, Cats, and Mamma Mia! (all were amazing). There was a lot of movement, and she flew too…can’t beat that.

The actors where very talented, with great voices, I think it would have been better to see the movie after the show, but still good… I will defiantly remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment