Thursday, August 12, 2010

What I Hope to be

You knock on my door, I say come in. You sit on my bed, you ask me about my day. I say come back later, I say I'm busy. You come back, I say not now. Then you're off again, off to your bathroom, to turn on the faucet, and sob for a while.

You ask me if the new outfit you bought makes you look fat, I say there's more of you to love in it. You ask me if I think you are pretty, I nod and say yeah, yeah, adding on that you arn't what you used to be a couple years ago.

I don't ever want to make you feel this way Mom, I hope to be the daughter you've always dreamed of. This year I want to have a better relationship with you Mom, I want to see that beautiful smile on your face.

12 comments:

  1. Beauuutiful vignette:) The way you stringed the words made the reader feel that feeling you don't want your mom to ever feel. And that made me cry(;

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, i agree! i realy love it, i like how u would continue on with the "you say", a refrain. good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow anna, good job you showed lots imagery and great description. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your refrains!! Everthin is so detailed, from what you regret, to what you want to do! Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that was great. It Showed how u were before and why u want want change. It had imagery and emotion in it, like when u said she cried.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ILOVE YOU TOOO!
    thankyou everyonee :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ANNA MARIE MONTOLLA DE LOS ANGELES GONZALES RAMIREZ GOMEZ (shimova) this was GOR-GEOUS LIKE A PRIMA- BALLERINA! I LOVED EVERYTHING, HAD IMAGERY, IT HAD EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woww
    BEAUTIFUL
    Great imagery and every word there, is so WOW. Touchy.
    GREATTT JOB :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWWWWW I LOVE IT!!! AMAZING!!!! ABSOLUTLY EVERYTHING ABOUT IT IS GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like how u said it like u were saying it to her, good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great poem! I really love the whole theme. This is amazing. Simply beautiful. :P

    ReplyDelete