Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Where I am From


I am from Mama's Dazzling Silver,

eau de parfume by Lancome,

limited edition,

and now discontinued.


I am from Stolichnaya Vodka,

Canadian Maple Leafs,

never-tried beef jerky,

and cherry blinchiki with green tea.


I am from decorating the pine smelling Christmas tree,

on New Years,

red and green plastic balls,

angel ornaments made of glass,

the North Star on top.


From buttered black bread,

borche,

and un-touched caviar.


I am from the whispered tails after sundown,

the big bad wolf, or the wicked witch.

"Shhh.. their coming!"


From picture perfect fairtales,

happy ever afters,

"The end."


I am from blonde-haired,

blue-eyed,

six-foot-tall tennis players,

but take the place of the bench warmer.


I am from the grey dented pavement,

scraping two knees at a time,

before healing and scarring.


I am from the arcade,

where all the golden tokens came and went,

airhockey,

videogames,

racing bumpercars.


I am from the number 7,

and the summers of July.


From the breeze that blows by,

from the raindrops that fall from heaven,

and the waves that crash in the Black Sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment