Thursday, December 24, 2009

Travel Day 2: Flying, and Flying


I flew in from Florida to visit my aunt in Vancouver for Christmas with my dad. The day after I arrived to Florida it was time to fly to Seattle to meet my aunt there (because that is where she works). We flew to Cincinnati, Ohio, as our connecting flight and then to Seattle. From FL to Cincinnati it was about two to three hours, and from Cincinnati it was about four and a half hours. I didn't get any sleep on the plane again because I had my dad sitting next to me and keeping me up: wanting to play cards, sharing with me what he read in magazines, just talking. I always love to get as much sleep as I can when I can (everyone knows that). Anyways, when we landed in Cincinnati it was pretty cold - I think there was a snow storm there as well- we could feel the cold winds from inside the plane. Lucky us, like I mentioned before it was our connecting flight, so we didn't have to go out into the cold. But the view from the plane when we where landing was absolutely beautiful, a winter wonderland. Then we passed by some Duty Free stores - just looking- and caught our flight to Seattle.

The flight to Seattle was very long and we both got plenty of sleep then. When we were about to land, the view was also very beautiful: lots of lights, big department stores, the Needle Tower. When we entered the airport, we just picked up our valises (new fancy word for suitcases I just learned) and waited in some seating area next to the exit, next to the baggage claim. We waited about an hour in change, for my aunt to pick us up because she was at a business meeting; but the time didn't go to waist, I used it wisely to type my travel journal post (because there was free wii-fi in the Tacoma airport).

Natasha picked us up, and we drove to her hotel. I was so excited to see her after two years, I was hugging her nonstop. We got to the hotel and immediately fell asleep after showering...what a tiring day it was of flying and flying...but fun, I love to travel!

2 comments:

  1. Love that you added a new word to your vocabulary!

    Sounds hectic but fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mrs. Brown. Great Job Anna!!!I could picture your day in my head so perfectly I thought I was actually dreaming!!!!!!( My sister pinched me and then I realized it wasn't no dream) :]

    ReplyDelete