/ Today we skied again, why such a long break you ask (3 days but each one counts)? Answer is because we were sore and tired for three days. No, that's not believable, we (or I) was only tired the day after the last time we skied, but due to the "New Year," we were lazy and thought it would either be closed or full (just an excuse).
So when we arrived early just so you know (and I am the kind of person who only really wakes up at midnight...or so I've been told). However, even though I barely got up, and my eyes couldn't stay open in the car (they could but I'm trying to make this interesting), I was bright awake when I got to Seymour, . I couldn't wait to get started, after the purchase of tickets, equipment rentals, putting on ski's (which is my least favorite part...but it's not SO bad).
We started off practicing on bunny hills, but I knew sooner or later to make myself and everyone else proud I would have to go on the big, big(ish), hills. I wasn't afraid, just a little thought in my head telling me to be really careful or else I would defiantly not end up in one piece (or maybe that's too powerful, I believed...kind of).
I was super fast on bunny hills and didn't use poles (after a few tries to get used to it again) and was traveling at the speed of light compared to my dad when I was about to do my second round on the hills, he didn't even start his first, I know right? And I had absolutely no problems with the rope tow this time, it began to be fun, I fell off zero times - on my own - since there was this one guy who fell over and didn't clear the area and knocked me down (but that doesn't count). Then my dad had his verdict: I was ready for the big hills. Anna is a “rabbit” now!
My dad chickened out so I rode the "big rabbit hill," (I made up that name) by myself the first time. I went slowly in the position as if you were going to slow down, hey, better to be safe than sorry…right? And I didn't fall at all, then I took the sky line ride back, which was very cool. I began to wonder what would happen if someone’s ski or board fell off of the sky line and landed on someone’s head. Would the park or person with the equipment get in trouble? Just wondering, that’s all. Moreover, when I asked the person sitting next to me what they thought about it, they gave me a funny look…oh well.
Then it was time to get off the skyline, you just had to go down a little ramp that the seat pushed you on, and you were on the ground, a bunch of people fell off but it was my favorite part. No, not watching them fall, going down the ramp myself.
Then, my dad met me at the place where you get off the skyline and asked me how it went. He was very proud of me, even after what everybody said me having to be very experienced (which I'm not) to go down that hill. I still couldn't believe I made it, it was kind of for experts, or intermediate people.
He brought some food to quickly munch on, and then asked me if I thought he was ready to go down that hill. I said yes, I think he would be but that he had to go super slow, in the position of stopping, and then finally I convinced him. Then when I started to give him some more tips, he wanted to go back...but it was too late.
He went very slow, I mean very slow, I kept screaming to him to hurry up. He said I could go ahead but the only reason he agreed to go down the hill is to ride the skyline, together, but in order to do that, we had to be in line at the same time, so we had to ride at the same paste. While I was screaming hurry up, I was looking back and lost control and ended up on the floor. Luckily, this nice man helped me up and I flew down, and was at the skyline loading area.
I sat in the snow for about ten to fifteen minutes before I saw him about to come down. Thank goodness! I got up and started to stand in line. I figured he would just come down the huge hill, quickly to get it over with. I was wrong, he put his ski's in the diagonal position, as if you are trying to not move or slide at all, and moved his feet one by one, to get down. I couldn't believe it, that took about another I don't know how long.
When we got on the skyline ride he said it was all worth it, but never again. He didn't fall because he went SO slow, but had lots of trouble going down the last hill. And to add on, when you have to go down the ramp to get off, he didn't understand how to get off, and fell then slid down while still on the ground, and they had to stop the ride to help him up.
Then I went down alone a couple of times (by a couple I mean six times) and took a secret path with the HUGEST (probably not a word) mountain, hill I've ever seen and convinced myself to go down. I tried it once and it went well. Then again, and I fell so hard, one ski came off, and the other was twisted still on me. Then I took them off, and sat in the snow for a minute to rest. My mistake was that I tried to stay away from the center, and I went off to the side to much and bumped into a tree. I did that because when you reach the bottom of the hill, that's when the line for the skyline begins, which I didn't want to bump into.
I knew to be satisfied I had to do it again. I was nervous at first, but at the end I made it. I was so happy, and proud of myself, going down a pro hill! I still can believe it! I knew then that everything would hurt tomorrow. Oh yes, skiing defiantly has it's ups and downs...don't you agree.
No comments:
Post a Comment