
Papa, I thought of you today on the car ride home
thought of how I'll be in Canada tomorrow,
and you were there last week,
Renewing your passport.
You said Alik told you it's already done, and he picked it up for you.
You said you wanted to me to see Alik when I visit,
that I don't have many cousins so we have to keep in touch,
I would love to see him...but I'm too shy to call.
I looked past the green trees that were being showered by the rainfall,
thinking of how I love to see the sky cry, and you don't.
Sitting in the back seat remembering how I slept on your bunk bed in your big delivery truck while we drove home from the airport the day I flew to see you in FL.
Receiving a text message from a friend, and remembering how it's been a couple days now since we've spoken.
Thought oh how you said you miss me,
and getting my phone call brightens your day.
You told me you went back to work last week
I wonder what your doing this minute.
Are you sitting in the drivers seat, with your handheld phone on, looking at the road?
Are you wondering how my day went at school today,
and if I'm tired from a long day?
I know you're working hard so when I visit we can go to nice places,
maybe have me visit twice a year.
We had a great time in Vancouver this year,
those skiing lessons were unforgettable
it was nice to get to see my aunt Natasha too,
too bad Alik couldn't come, she loves to be with her sons during the holidays.
Were pulling up to the parking lot, I'm already in the building,
Going to have a snack now and going to do some homework.
I know you know I think of you,
Even if haven't called
I'll call tomorrow if I don't get a chance today.
Just know I thought of you,
I thought of you, of you, of you.
wow. I can tell you really put time and thought into it!!! GREAT JOB!
ReplyDeleteP.S: Hope you have a great Spring Break! see you next quarter!!! :)
You just pushed my sol to the very far end of a corner. You captured that thought you described in a string of words that...whoa. You should see my face!
ReplyDeleteWOW THATS SO GREAT AND SWEET. love it AWSOME.
ReplyDelete