
My affable friend called me from Canada the other day, informing me of her best guy friend asking her out. He is a year younger than she is, and though they were best friends she only said yes because she was tremulous of loosing their friendship. Also, if she were to rebuff him, the guilt would haunt her forever, and leave him despondent.
It all happened like this:
"Do you want to know who I like?"
"Sure."
"You, and I've liked you for two years now. Do you want to be my girlfriend?"
Kids are bugging her at school, calling her a "cougar," or bring up his name a hundred-and-one times a day. I understand why she would feel this way, but if it bugs her so much, maybe (just maybe) they would be better off as friends. Though, I do think it was a good idea that she gave him a chance...but what if I'd hurt him more to let go? But for sure --only if she would ask me for my opinion --I would say, that if she is uncomfortable with it all, then maybe they should stick to being buddies.
Aaaah too bright, too bright! Good memoir though
ReplyDeleteits a really good memoir
ReplyDelete