
"Shimova!" Coach Dean shouted, as I came on to the field a little...come on, what's five minutes of P.E. time? And I was late because I was waiting for Mafe in the locker room (she said it would make me a good friend and I thought it was worth it).
Everyone was choosing teams, and giving out the pinnies. "Yes," I answered, as he looked away for a second to say something to the team picking the teams with pinnies.I quickly took advantage, and hid behind the girls who were in big circle talking, and joined their team. I was hoping he wouldn't make me run laps around the field like yesterday (and the day before) that he didn't specify if I should run or walk -so I walked- and he made me do all over again, and one more I believe. Luckily, I was safe -this barely ever happens-and we began the game: ultimate frisbee...again.
I don't know if it's the fact that all we do is walk back and forth in a line that makes it so boring, while chasing a plastic disk, and the coach screaming "Shimova, be more proactive," or that I just don't like sports at all, not to mention that we were outside in the humidity, under the Panamanian sun.
The whole game, I'd be completely lost, walking in the opposite direction of where I should really be going, asking all the people with watches when this everlasting class would be over. I got the Frisbee a few times --I'm not saying I caught it each time-- but I had touched it and was proud enough.
Everyone was choosing teams, and giving out the pinnies. "Yes," I answered, as he looked away for a second to say something to the team picking the teams with pinnies.I quickly took advantage, and hid behind the girls who were in big circle talking, and joined their team. I was hoping he wouldn't make me run laps around the field like yesterday (and the day before) that he didn't specify if I should run or walk -so I walked- and he made me do all over again, and one more I believe. Luckily, I was safe -this barely ever happens-and we began the game: ultimate frisbee...again.
I don't know if it's the fact that all we do is walk back and forth in a line that makes it so boring, while chasing a plastic disk, and the coach screaming "Shimova, be more proactive," or that I just don't like sports at all, not to mention that we were outside in the humidity, under the Panamanian sun.
The whole game, I'd be completely lost, walking in the opposite direction of where I should really be going, asking all the people with watches when this everlasting class would be over. I got the Frisbee a few times --I'm not saying I caught it each time-- but I had touched it and was proud enough.
Then the coach blew the whistle and said "Go change!"Finally... I smiled and was on my way. He came up to me then and said "You really don't like this game, do you?" I smiled even wider, he had a point.
No comments:
Post a Comment